Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Yokosuka, Jax,FL, Japan

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Toughest Job In the Military!!!!!!



So let me start like this I am a military wife and yes it is the "TOUGHEST" job in the military. Yes if you have never been in this situation you really don't know what it is like. We are the "volunteer workers" of this world call THE MILITARY. All the time, we as a spouse do things that go unnoticed. Just because we didn’t sign the paperwork to be in the military we are the ones that are overlooked and underappreciated. Understand that we are the backbone of these guys.Yes, the military doesn't think about our feelings or our children's feelings. At the end we are the forgotten ones. But I still love and respect the sacrifices that not only my husband but all of them make every day.

At the same time I knew what I was getting myself in to when I marry him. I knew he was going to be deployed sooner than later. I knew he was going to be in a ship for a long period of time. I knew that, most likely he was going to miss lots of b-days, lots of holidays, anniversary, even maybe going to the doctor with me for a sonogram or just because I was sick, even worst the birth of his daughter, her first step, words and plenty more. I knew that he wasn’t going to be present all the time that I need it him. It was many nights that I need it him to hold my hand or give me a kiss and a hug or just to hold me and he wasn’t there. Not even a call or email every day because he wasn’t in a place that was able to talk or email me. He was gone in two different unaccompanied deployment of total of 2yrs and of those 2 yrs I only saw him maybe 4 months if that. Even thought he wasn’t in a war zone it was the hardest time of my life I saw my daughter cry herself to sleep because she miss her daddy and many thing that I did or happened and he wasn’t there for me. This is not only my story this is the story of many military wife that have gone through this and more.
But since I move to Japan and I’m now in this military world because this is my first time sharing with military spouses all the time and having military friends. I ask myself this; why seat here and complain how bad is the military? How much your husband is on the way and you can’t see him as much as you will like? How sick you are and he is not here. How much stress he has and his job is taking time from you. Come on!!! Yes I know is hard, I know this because I spend many nights crying wishing he was next to me. I spend many times in the hospital wishing he was the one with me, but I didn’t seat and complain about how miserable my life without my husband was. Why complain? And have negative thoughts when at least your husband is not in war zone. You know he will be back soon, you can talk to him even if is once a week, email him even if he respond 2 weeks later you are station with him you have him. They are many wives that every night goes to sleep praying not to receive a call or a visit the next day. They are many wife that right now are burring there husband. Why complain and stress yourself out for something that you knew and are not as bad as you see it or think they are. Why stress yourself for something that no matter how stress you are is not going to change unless he gets out of the military, Right?(and he still have to serve the yrs he sign for) Be Thankful! Find the good in every situation. Think positive. Remember the law of attraction; we are like magnets, we attract what we think. Whatever is going on in our mind is what we attract and not only have we attracted we also BECOME WHAT WE ATTRACT. Life is short, be great full and utilizes that time to get to know you, get to know the places where you are station if is a new places and enjoy. Concentrate a little more on you and your children. Because at the end like my best friend say; “THE NAVY IS MY HUSBAND’S MISTRESS AND SOMETIME THAT BITCH GET ALL THE ATTETION!!”

1 comment:

Followers